Thursday, August 2, 2007

And I don't care if it pisses you off. My opinion is mine to have so GET OFF MY BACK ABOUT IT ALREADY. Geez.

Ok, I just want to go over one thing. Just for gits and shiggles. First, before all you Christians get your panties in a knot, I am NOT an Atheist, and even if I was that would be MY business. But I'm not. Second, I don't hate Christians. I don't begrudge them their path or beliefs. I do, however, get offended by emails that say things like if you don't forward this message about God then you are ashamed or if you don't forward this you follow Satan or some other ridiculous load of complete donkey shit. I don't forward that crap because it doesn't apply to me. Some (I stress SOME) Christians walk around this world assuming that every person on the damn planet worships the same invisible being that they do, or worships in the same way, or SHOULD if they don't and that's the biggest pile of reeking dung that I have ever had the misfortune to experience. I'm not big on making generalizations about any group of similar people from racial generalizations to religious ones but I have to say that I have met VERY few Christians that even come close to representing what their religion is supposed to be about and the ones that start bullshit guilt-you-or-scare-you-into-believing bulletins and emails are the most despicable of the bunch. You don't get points for recruiting, so lay off people for ONE SECOND. I do understand that these people are simply trying to give others a chance at the eternal life that you believe your God offers, but NOT EVERYONE BELIEVES THAT. So, give it a rest, ok people? I don't want your God, I don't want your beliefs, I don't want your book that was written by people. I could just as easily write a book like that NOW. Quit cramming your beliefs down my throat and telling me that I'm going to burn if I don't assimilate myself. QUIT ACTING LIKE JEHOVA'S WITNESSES! Religion should not be sold. Your beliefs are between you and your creator, as mine are between my creator and I.

This concludes my rant.

P.S. I have written this in MY JOURNAL, it reflects MY BELIEFS. I have every right to express myself here. Be offended if you must, but don't comment unless you have something intelligent and RESPECTFUL to say.

No comments: